Colorado Farm to School Recipe Collection
Check out these 50 yummy recipes created by Colorado school districts using Colorado grown produce!The Colorado FTS Cookbook - Family
The Colorado Farm to School webinar series includes presentations especially for youths & the adults that work with them. Check out these webinars:
Mountain Roots Food Project cultivates a resilient food system in Gunnison Valley, Colorado, by enhancing healthy connections between food, earth, and community. They foster knowledge, teach skills, and provide opportunities that ensure access to affordable, nutritious food that is regionally based and sustainably produced.
Mountain Roots Food Project’s Farm-to-School program provides access to fresh, local, organic, and homemade food for youth in private and public schools, preschools, and homeschoolers.
The Valley Food Partnership strives to improve the health of all community members and invigorate the economy by expanding access to locally grown foods. As a mission driven organization, the Valley Food Partnership is committed to working together to grow a healthy community by connecting local farms to forks.
There are over 20 LiveWell communities across the state of Colorado. Many of these communities are focused on healthy fresh food in their local schools. Find out if you are in a LiveWell community, and if so, join the “movement!”
The purpose of the legislatively-mandated Council is to:
- Identify and use existing studies relevant to the food system
- Work with and develop relationships with other task forces, committees, and/or organizations pursuing similar objectives
- Develop recommendations that promote the building of robust, resilient, and long-term local food economy
- Develop recommendations regarding hunger and food access
- Collaborate with local and regional food policy councils in the State
- Promote “Colorado Proud”
Find a list of regional and local food system coalitions on the site and see if your area has one.