Do you want to get the word out that your school has an amazing farm to school program? The more people who know about your program, the more support and resources will flow to it!
Get started on your marketing efforts today with this practical toolkit that contains templates and examples for everyone!
Marketing your farm to school program requires some upfront learning and planning to create a successful campaign. Fortunately, there are resources to get your creative juices flowing and track your efforts.
- Learn the Benefits of Marketing your FTS Program (and ideas of how to do it) through this webinar from the Illinois Farm to School Network.
- Know your Customers! Helpful guidance on successful marketing strategies to use with different age groups of children. Also includes tips for creating a fun and successful school food environments. From Cal-Pro NET Center at San Jose State University.
- Outreach Plan. A editable planning document and example of a completed plan. From Cal-Pro NET Center at San Jose State University
- Sample Promotional Plan. Use this editable document to identify and track your marketing efforts.
- Institute of Agriculture and Trade Policy’s Farm to School Promotional Package.
- Georgia’s Farm to School Toolkit: Marketing and Promotion.
- The Lunch Box: Marketing Your Program.
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s School Marketing Resources.
Who do you want to reach?
Once you know the purpose of your marketing effort, it’s time to check out resources specific to target audiences. We have guidance, tools, and resources to reach many groups that could be actively engaged in your farm to school program, including:
- Nutrition Services Staff
- Teachers (coming soon)
- Parents & Community
General Marketing Resources
There are many websites that offering marketing advice, services, and tools. While we are no expert on which is best, here are some we have found useful:
- RebekahRadice. Easy to read advice on digital and social media marketing for the beginner. Check out one of our favorite posts:
- Fifteen Blogs for Beginners. A nice summary of social marketing blogs for social marketing beginners.
Do you have a favorite marketing resource/advise site? Let us know so we can add it to our list here!
Repository of Farm to School Marketing Tools
We are collecting tools and examples from around the country. If you would like to share your marketing materials with everyone, click here.